Happy Tuesday ya’ll! We are officially one full week into the new year! If you’re like me, beginning to tackle 2019 goals has been a priority. Last week we talked about ways to boss up, but today let’s chat about focus. For some reason I couldn’t seem to get it together last week. I think it was a combination of being exhausted from the holidays and anxiety about the year ahead.
2019 taught me the importance of getting back on the wagon as soon as you fall off. In the past, one off week for me would turn into one month and then one year! What I refuse to do this year is stay stagnant. Over the weekend I dusted myself off and got re-focused.
Here’s 6 ways I plan on staying focused all 2019:
- Start every morning with gratitude and meditation. One trait of successful people is they spend 10 minutes per day thinking (via John Maxwell). I try to start everyday getting my thoughts in alignment with who God says I am + his purpose for me. I say what I’m thankful for, read an uplifting scripture and meditate on affirmations. When I don’t do this, I notice my thoughts are on the negative spectrum.
- Be in touch with my emotions + mental health. I like to think of my emotional + mental state as a car gauge. When I’m feeling good, no indicator lights go off. On the flip side, if I’m feeling anxious a light on the dashboard starts flashing. It lets me know I need to check-in with myself to see what the trigger was.
- Create a daily checklist. I’ve found a lot of gratification in being able to check tasks off a list. It makes me feel accomplished + provides momentum to keep going!
- Have accountability partners. I designated a few of my girls to be “Goal Friends”. It can be uncomfortable, but it’s important to have (trusted) people in your business if you want results + growth!
- Exercise regularly. Although it’s painful during workouts, the after effect is worth it. Exercise releases endorphins, which can help relieve stress + promote a sense of well-being. For me, exercise takes a lot of discipline. Being able to conquer that makes me feel like anything is possible!
- Give myself grace. Every day is not going to be perfect and that’s ok! I’m giving myself the space to fail + learn from those mistakes.
How do you plan on staying focused in 2019? Leave a comment below!
Outfit deets below- All items are currently on sale!
Shirt Dress: https://us.boohoo.com/plus-striped-shirt-dress/PZZ96033.html
Over the Knee Boots: https://www.fashiontofigure.com/plus-size-bella-over-the-knee-sock-boots-wide-width/A-prod15190018/?An=3217549951&prodNo=2
Red Bag: https://www.aldoshoes.com/us/en_US/women/handbags/Maewiel-Red/p/58273036-62
If you haven’t already, make sure you get on The L List for weekly updates!